History of the Fredericton Kiwanis Club
The Kiwanis Club of Fredericton received its charter from the International body on December 5, 1944, electing W. Raymond Crewdson as their first Club President.
The Fredericton Kiwanis Club became very active in the community right from the beginning. During the initial years and over time various activities took place, including the sponsoring of a Kiwanis Club in McAdam. In the early years other activities included:
The projects of the club, along with its’ fund raising activities have varied over the years, with emphasis being shifted as circumstances required. The club has very often initiated courses and programs, and once such programs evolved and grown, the groups/organization assumed the responsibility for their own further development.
Year after year the Fredericton Kiwanis Club has remained active both in the local community, in Canada and around the world. Some other notable projects, activities and events were:
The club members also provided their time as well as donations to children with learning disabilities, and in 1981 they provided tapes that would aid children with such disabilities to learn more effectively;